Staff Software Engineer / Developer
Our client needs to engage a Staff Software Engineer / Developerfor Full Time
opportunity in Augusta, GA. Please find the details below. If this interests you,
please send you updated resume to email@example.com or call 678-720-1555 for further
Title: Staff Software Engineer / Developer
Location: Augusta, GA
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Staff Software Engineer will work with engineers, management and others to gather
necessary technical and business analysis, with Product Management to assess
requirements, and with QA and Documentation for appropriate support of the product
lifecycle. The Senior Software Engineer is regarded by both his peers and management
as a seasoned veteran in the field of Software Engineering.
• Takes ownership by leading smaller projects.
• Assists in the definition and enforcement of standards and best-practices.
• Works closely with more senior engineers to execute projects.
• Assists in the technical evolution of the products.
• Assists in the identification, isolation and communication of problems within the
• Collaborates with team members in the understanding of customer needs and creation
of product requirements.
• Assists in the migration of older systems to newer platforms.
• Must independently keep abreast of the state-of-the-art in software development.
• Proficient in technical writing.
• Utilizes version control software and manages code releases.
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field. Extensive experience in lieu of
degree will be considered.
• 2+ years software development.
• 1+ years in web application development.
• 1+ years in database design and development is desired.
• Demonstrated proficiency of tools, languages and interfaces in at least two of the
following key areas.
- High level languages such as
- Managed/Scripting languages such as
* Shell scripts
- Object Oriented Concepts and Design
- Oracle Call Interface (OCI)
- Third party product integration via
* other Web services
- Registration – Industry standards and compliance
- Security – Industry standards and compliance
* Risk analysis and mitigation
- Web services design and development in a Service Oriented
- Apache HTTPD Server
* Module creation (MPM/DSO/custom)
- Network/Communications programming
* TCP/IP (OSI/ISO model)
- Advanced Linux/UNIX Operating Systems
* Memory management (shared and per-client)
* File systems and I/O
* IPC – pipes/signals/messages
* Debuggers and tracers
• Some working level knowledge of object oriented programming.
• A somewhat wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.